Click on a service below to learn more about it.
Need assistance with litigation matters?
Do you need disks or email databases forensically searched for keywords or phrases?
We can search your email archives for specific terms and export entire mailboxes to .PSTs, or just the messages containing those search terms.
Need to export 1,000,000 mailboxes from your archived Exchange email databases? We can help.
We also work with Groupwise data and most other email formats.
100% Confidentiality is always maintained.
Fill out our contact form and get a quote for your specific E-discovery needs.
Tape Data Recovery
In addition to tape restorations and recoveries, we perform large scale data migrations of your legacy media to a more current format.
Do you have hundreds or even thousands of data tapes that you need restored with the data copied to DVDs, hard drives or other storage media?
Does the data format need to be migrated or converted so that it will integrate into your current systems? Do you no longer have the equipment or environment to restore your legacy data?
Do you have AS/400 Data that you need restored or recovered from tape so that you can access it in a Microsoft Windows environment? Do you need certain libraries, objects, or mail files restored for assistance with E-Discovery or litigation? Contact us regarding your AS/400 tape data-related needs.
We can recover data from:
- Software problems or backup failures
- Overwritten tapes with Header damage
- Bad Media / Bad Blocks / Unrecognized Tape
- Tapes immersed in flood water
- Snapped or burnt tapes from a fire
- Tapes damaged by chemicals and smoke
- Intentional or accidental physical damage
We can work with nearly all types of magnetic tape media including:
- Quarter-Inch Cartridge (QIC) Media
- 3.5″ Cartridge Series – DC2000 (QIC 40, 80, 120, 250, 3020, etc.)
- 5.25″ Cartridge Series – DC600, DC6000, DC9000, Magnus 1.2, 2.5
- Mini QIC / Travan
- Travan Media – TR1, TR3, TR4, TR5
- Travan NS Network Series – NS8, NS20
- 4mm Cartridges – 60M, 90M, 120M, 125M, 150M
- DAT DDS-1, DDS-DC, DDS-2, DDS-3, DDS-4
- 8mm Cartridges – 54M, 112M, 160M, 160MXL
- DLT Media – DLT II, DLT III (10 / 20GB), DLT IIIXT (15 / 30GB), DLT IV (35 / 70GB)
- SuperDLT Media
- AIT, AIT2, AIT3 Cartridge Media
- MLR / SLR Media – All Sizes
- LTO Media – All Sizes
- Exabyte 8mm, 8200/8500/8700, Mammoth, M2 type series
- StorageTek 9840, 9940 series
- ADR Media, All sizes
- VXA Media, All sizes
- 9-Track Media, All sizes
- and many more… Don’t see the one you are looking for? Just ask.
Reel/RTR Tape Media Formats Supported:
- 600′, 1200′, 2400′, 3200′
- 1600 BPI, 3200 BPI, 6250 BPI
- Backup Software Supported
- Arcada / Conner / Seagate / Veritas Backup Exec – All Versions
- Cheyenne / Computer Associates – ArcServe & Arcsolo – All Versions
- Brightstor Arcserve – All Versions
- MS Backup – All Versions
- NovaStor – All Versions
- Dantz Retrospect – All Versions
- Unix – Tar & CPIO
and many more…In fact, we support over 500 different backup software formatsand our engineers can develop custom extraction methods and file handlers for your situation if needed.
Tape Media & Drive Manufacturers Data Recovery support for tape drives and media sold by:
3M, ADIC, Archive, Caliper, CDC, CMS, Cipher, Colorado, Compaq,Conner, DEC, Emerald, Everex, Exabyte, Fujitsu, HP, Hitachi, IBM, Iomega, Imation, Irwin, JVC, Legacy, Iomega, JVC, Maxell, Maynard, Micronet, Mountain, NCR, NEC, Panasonic, Quantum, Sanyo, Seagate, Sony, Sun, Tandberg, Teac, Tecmar, Verbatim, Wang, Wangdat, Wangtek, Unisys.
Memory Card Recovery
Using our propriatary software and hardware tools, we’re able to directly access most digital cameras and PDAs/MP3 Players.
We can recover Digital Photos, Images & other Files that are corrupted, Deleted or reside on a card that was formatted.
Flash & Digital Media Supported:
- MultiMedia Card (MMC)S
- SecureDigitalxD-Picture Cards
- USB Flash Drives
- Pocket PC / WinCE
- RIM Devices (BlackBerry)
- Digital Cameras
Agfa, Argus, Canon, Casio, Chinon, Epson, FujiFilm, HP, Hitachi, IBM, Imation, JVC, Kinon, Konica, Kyocera, Kodak, Leica, Lexar, LG Electronics / Goldstar, Mitsubishi, Minolta, NEC, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Phillips, PNY, Polaroid, Ricoh, Samsung, SanDisk, Sanyo, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Verbatim, Vivitar, Yashica, and many more…
Data Conversion and Data Transfer Services
We can convert many different types of data from one format to another. Do you have old DAT tapes you need converted to DLT or LTO format? No problem. Need those QIC tapes converted to DVD? We can do that too. Talk to one of our Data Consultants to learn more about data transfer and conversion services.
We can help you:
- Convert data from Mainframe and Unix tapes for use on today’s PCs and servers including Microsoft’s latest Windows 2003.
- Extract data from virtually any tape to save on a DVD, SCSI, IDE/EIDE, SATA, USB, Portable NAS, or FireWire drive.
- Properly format data to tapes used for printing on Xerox high-speed production laser printers.
- Concatenate multiple data files into a single file for database imports and merges.
- Convert fixed length data files to variable length data for accurate and efficient database imports.
- Read and convert data from older formats used by some government agencies.
- Convert PC data files to be read from tapes on Unix and mainframe systems.
- Consolidate several types of data files into a single, consistent format.
- Share your data with business partners by converting your files to acceptable formats.
RAID Data Recovery for Enterprise Storage Systems
A comprehensive analysis of the damaged media, combined with state-of-the-art tools and techniques, yields the highest quality results possible.
- How are we different than other recovery companies?
- Free Evaluation – RAID systems up to 10 drives
- Fast Service – Same day evaluations available
- Secure Remote RAID Recovery Service available
- Competitive Rates – RAID recoveries start at $2000
Please contact us for advice to help ensure your RAID does not get further damaged by additional recovery attempts.
You may be tempted to try and fix it yourself. Many actions that may seem logical as a possible fix can cause irreparable damage. One wrong keypress in the controller BIOS, or one incorrect disk swap/rebuild operation can mean the difference between a 100% recovery and a 0% recovery.
**If you’re unsure and need a professional opinion, call us now and a RAID Recovery Specialist will help you to determine the path to the best possible recovery result. Advice is free. RAID Recovery Engineers are standing by.
RAID, SAN, NAS Devices & Standard Servers: We can assist you regardless of the size, configuration, operating system or platform of your Enterprise Storage System, whether it be a File Server, Database Server or Web Server configured on different volumes which are spanned, duplexed / mirrored or striped across many drives.
Our engineers routinely restore data from complex RAID storage configurations thought to be irrecoverable.
We support and perform data recovery for all RAID server makes and types, including the most commonly used RAID-0, RAID-1 and RAID-5 configurations.
We Routinely Recover RAIDs From:
- Compaq – All ProLiant Series
- Dell – All PowerEdge Series
- HP: ProLiant (CPQ), HP Integrity, HP NetServers
- Gateway Servers and Workstations
- NetApp – Network Appliance Filers
- Quantum Snap Servers
- LaCie Portable RAIDs
- Buffalo NAS/RAID Server
- AlphaServer e3000
- IBM – IBM XSeries
- Unix AIX, Pseries
- GateWay – Entire line of Servers
- Sun Microsystems – SPARC, and Entire Server and RAID Product line
- All Intel and AMD, I386 and RISC based servers as well
Optical Media CD/DVD/MO Recovery
D.R.S. provides data recovery and restoration services for all types of new and obsolete optical disk media.
CD-R, CD-RW and DVD media storage formats supported:
- Sony Blue-Ray
- Microsoft HD-DVD
- Magneto-Opticals (various formats)
- MO (Magneto-Optical) & Re-Writable Cartridges
- 3.5″ Cartridges – 128MB, 270MB, 640MB
- 5.25″ Cartridges – 600MB, 1.3GB, 2.6GB, 5.2GB
- All Capacities – 512, 1024, 2048 Bytes / Sector
- Panasonic Phase-Change 650MB (PD650) Cartridges
- WORM Optical Cartridges
- Panasonic WORM Cartridges
- Pioneer WORM Cartridges
- All Capacities & Manufacturers
Optical Media & Drive Manufacturers Supported Include:
3M, Apple, Fujitsu, HP, Hitachi, IBM, Imation, JVC, Maxell, Maxoptix, Panasonic, Plasmon, Pioneer, Ricoh, Sony, Teac, Toshiba, Verbatim, and many more…
Removable Media Recovery
D.R.S. maintains a large inventory of legacy removable media equipment. It is highly likely that we have the equipment in-lab to read and recover your media, no matter what it might be.
Here are a few of the removable media formats we recover data from:
- Bernoulli 20, 44, 88, 230MB
- Jaz 1GB, Jaz 2GB Cartridges
- Iomega Zip 100, 250, 750MB Cartridges
- Iomega PocketZip (Clik!) 40MB Disks
- SyQuest Cartridge Media:
- SyQuest 44, 88, 200MB
- SyQuest 270MB
- E-Z Flyer 135, E-Z Flyer 230MB
- SparQ 1GB & SyJet 1.5GB
- Other Removable Disk Cartridges:
- Avatar Shark 250MB Cartridges
- Castlewood ORB 2.2GB Cartridges
- Imation LS-120 SuperDisks
- Diskette Media
- All Sizes, Capacities & Manufacturers
- Word Processors (Brother, Smith-Corona, Olivetti, etc.)
Ask us about performing Data Recovery on older, obsolete media formats.
Database Data Recovery & Repair
We realize how vital your corporate databases are and we’ve developed processes and techniques to recover the data and/or repair corrupted tables safely.
Common causes of Databases data loss:
- Backup files not recognizable by database engine.
- Database locked as ‘suspect’ preventing access.
- Deleted or dropped tables.
- Accidentally deleted records.
- Corrupted database files and devices.
- Damaged individual data pages.
- Accidentally overwritten database files & storage devices.
Supported databases include:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- MS Exchange
Once we’re done analyzing the database and records contained, data will then be extracted in order to rebuild database. After completely rebuilding the database we then check for structure integrity of each file to assure that your system will be back up and running as expected. We regularly recover database backups and all their objects: including views, triggers and stored procedures.
- E-Mail Data Recovery
- Mailbox recovery that recovers and restores mailbox data directly from:
- Microsoft Exchange Server backups
- Unmounted MSX databases (.EDB and .STM)
- Information Store files
Repairs and restores email data from corrupted or inaccessible:
- Microsoft Outlook .PST files
- Microsoft Outlook OST files
- Outlook Express DBX files